- Class AA: Life Member - To be a life member one must have retired as a golf course superintendent and have reached the age of 55 as well as been a voting member for 25 yrs., or been a former board member or a charter member.
- Class A: Superintendent – To be a Class A Superintendent member one must at time of application have been a superintendent for more than 3 yrs., as well as also be a member of GCSAA.
- Class SM: Superintendent Member – To be a Class SM Superintendent member applicant will be a superintendent with less than 3 yrs., as a superintendent, as well as also be a member of GCSAA.
- Class C: Assistant Superintendent – To be a Class C member applicant shall be an assistant to a golf course superintendent.
- Class FM: Facility Membership – To be a Class FM member the membership shall be in the name of the facility. This membership does not require that the member also be a member of GCSAA.
- Class AFF: Affiliate Member – To be a Class AFF member applicant shall be the owner or employeed by a company that has interest in golf course management and or production of fine turfgrasses.
- Class ASSOC: Associate Member – To be a Class ASSOC member applicant must be a maintenance staff member, club official, golf association member or anyone interested in golf course management or growing & production of fine turfgrasses.
- Class S: Student Member – To be a Class S member applicant shall be at time of application enrolled in a formal course of education, or have completed his or her formal education less than 1 yr. prior to the date of application for membership.
- Class RT: Retired Member – To be a Class RT member applicant shall be at the time of application reaching age 55, who is retired and no longer seeking employment within the scope of activities of any membership class of the SDGCSA.
Class AA, A, b, C, FM, ASSOC: $50.00
Class AFF: $75.00
Class RT: $20.00
Class S: $ N/C